Vincent van Gogh 梵谷 "Marguerite Gachet in the Garden"
圖文分享自臉書
https://www.facebook.com/MiaFeigelson - Van Gogh - Mia Feigelson Gallery
From the Album: 'Van Gogh in Auvers'
"Marguerite Gachet in the Garden" (Auvers, 1 June 1890) [F756]
Auvers, 3 June 1890
"My dear Theo,
For several days now I’d have liked to write to you with a rested mind, but have been absorbed in work.
From the Album: 'Van Gogh in Auvers'
"Marguerite Gachet in the Garden" (Auvers, 1 June 1890) [F756]
Auvers, 3 June 1890
"My dear Theo,
For several days now I’d have liked to write to you with a rested mind, but have been absorbed in work.
(...) Mr Gachet is absolutely FANATICAL about this portrait (one of Vincent's last Self-Portraits made in St-Rémy [F627], see the painting http://bit.ly/2u8wWcS), and wants me to do one of him if I can, absolutely like that, which I also wish to do.
He has now also come to understand the last portrait of the Arlésienne, one of which you have in pink – he comes back all the time, when he comes to see the studies, to these two portraits and he accepts them fully, but fully as they are.
I hope to send you a portrait of him soon. Then I painted two studies at his house which I gave him last week. One aloes with marigolds and cypresses, then last Sunday white roses, vines and a white figure in it (The present painting). I’ll very probably also do the portrait of his daughter, who is 19, and with whom I can easily imagine Jo will quickly make friends.
So I’m looking forward to doing the portraits of all of you in the open air, yours, Jo’s and the little one’s.
(...) I also hope that I’ll continue to feel much surer of my brush than before I went to Arles. And Mr Gachet says that he would consider it highly improbable that it should recur, and that it’s going completely well (...) Anyway père Gachet is a lot, yes a lot like you and I. I was pleased to read in your letter that Mr Peyron asked for news of me when he wrote to you.
(...) Gachet also told me that if I wanted to give him great pleasure he would like me to redo for him the copy of Delacroix’s Pietà, which he gazed at for a long time ([F630]; see the painting http://bit.ly/2tTEtAI
(...) his house, you will see, is full, full like an antique dealer’s, of things that aren’t always interesting, it’s terrible, even. But in all of this there’s this good aspect, there would always be what I need there for arranging flowers or still lifes. I’ve done studies for him, to show him that should he not be paid in money we’ll nevertheless still compensate him for what he does for us." - http://bit.ly/2mvmiZD
"Marguerite Gachet in the Garden" (Auvers, 1 June 1890) [F756]
By Vincent van Gogh (Dutch, 1853-1890)
oil on canvas; 46 x 55 cm; 18.1 × 21.7 in.
Sitter: Marguerite Gachet (1869-1949), Dr Paul Gachet's daughter
© Musée d'Orsay, Paris
Bequeathed by Paul Gachet (Dr Gachet's son), 1954 http://bit.ly/2nBWrkZ
https://www.facebook.com/museedorsay
By Vincent van Gogh (Dutch, 1853-1890)
oil on canvas; 46 x 55 cm; 18.1 × 21.7 in.
Sitter: Marguerite Gachet (1869-1949), Dr Paul Gachet's daughter
© Musée d'Orsay, Paris
Bequeathed by Paul Gachet (Dr Gachet's son), 1954 http://bit.ly/2nBWrkZ
https://www.facebook.com/museedorsay

留言
張貼留言